Adventure at Stag Rock
Hand drawn pen & ink artwork by Ben Holland.
Stag Rock is a place of folklore. The stag itself is painted onto the rocks north of Bamburgh castle. The area is thought to have been known as Stag Rock since the late 1800's and this mural may (or may not) have been painted by Italian prisoners of war sometime later. Local legend has it that a stag once jumped into the sea here escaping hunters....
Whatever its origin, I love it. I've have had this idea for an illustration for a long time and, after visiting again in August 2023 decided to put pen to paper.
- Available either unframed or framed.
- Giclée print on heavyweight 285gsm archival paper, initialled by the artist.
- Available in A4 (29.7 x 21cm), A3 (42 x 29.7cm) and A2 (59.4 x 42cm) size.
- Real wood frames are available in black or white.
- All frames have a smooth matt finish and come with real glass (not perspex).
- Free delivery on orders over £50 and free collection from the studio.